The Diesel Technology – Komatsu Program is a partnership between the North Dakota State College of Science, participating Komatsu dealerships and participating students. Each has the following responsibilities in this partnership:
- Demonstrate high school graduate or equivalent.
- Apply for admission to NDSCS.
- Obtain and maintain a Komatsu dealership sponsor.
- Complete entrance tests (ACT and DAT) and personal interview as required by the program coordinator.
- Maintain NDSCS academic standards and adhere to academic policies.
- Wear Komatsu dealer uniforms and safety glasses while on campus and during supervised occupational work experiences at the sponsoring dealership.
- Participate in all learning activities and experiences at the scheduled times.
- Provide the sponsoring dealership with responsible and productive employment.
- Pay for program costs – tuition, fees, books and tools.
KOMATSU AMERICA CORP.
- Encourage distributor cooperation and support.
- Assist in locating and selecting Komatsu faculty.
- Provide Komatsu training for faculty.
- Furnish NDSCS with Komatsu equipment and components.
- Provide NDSCS with essential training materials, including audio visuals, student booklets, instructor guides, shop manuals, necessary mock-ups, simulators, software, etc.
- Monitor curriculum to assure success.
- Provide $300 per semester scholarship to distributorselected students.
- Provide $600 tool reimbursement to NDSCS for each distributor-sponsored student.