Top 10 Reasons to Become a Diesel Technician
Have you ever wondered why we work so hard to educate people on the benefits of the North Dakota State College of Science Komatsu Diesel Technician program? Ethan Gangl, a recent graduate of the program put together his Top 10 List, so we wanted to share it with you.
1. High demand for technicians across the nation.
2. Paid by the hour instead of commission-based.
3. General Equipment & Supplies does up to 100% for tuition reimbursement!
4. Only two years of schooling and it's a combination of classroom and hands-on learning.
5. The job brings you to a lot of new places.
6. We work on something different almost every day.
7. We get to learn interesting new technologies as manufacturers are always advancing and coming out with new products.
8. We get to operate equipment almost every day, which is a plus for me!
9. We get treated like family. I can’t speak for all companies, but with General Equipment & Supplies I’ve worked at three branches and felt welcome at all of them.
10. It's a career that is making a difference out in the communities we serve, and beyond.
We also want to share a cool moment that happened this week. “When I grow up I want to be a Mechanic just like Uncle Ethan," was on this little guy's first day of school board. Aiden is the nephew of Ethan, the Diesel Technician who came up with this Top 10 List. He is out of our Sioux Falls, SD branch. Aiden proudly attended his uncle’s graduation from NDSCS this past May.
Ann Pollert, our Director of Workforce Development has Aiden on her list of recruits in 11 years! It's amazing to see the joy in his face when he gets to be around equipment. For those ready to be a part of this now, we are accepting applications for the General Equipment & Supplies NDSCS Komatsu Diesel Technician program! Connect with Ann at 701-364-2181 or email@example.com for more info.